Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day four, July 18, 2013

Well Last night was a cold night. I slept outside in a tent Monet; aTrio staff member at heritage university helped me set up. We the students of HU camped together in a small clan. We help one another set up our tents, except me because I did not know how to set up my tent. Monet did most of the set up. Shes very fast at setting out tents (expert). This morning I woke up to get some breakfast, I was not feeling  hungry. I was just concerned for my throat. I was a little sore. Cia an environmental studies student suggested drinking hot chocolate which work very well. We at staying at Deschutes bridge camp site.
Today we met with some wildlife employees. I was very excited to speak with some rangers Kevin Larkin, shane Jefferies and Amy Tinderholt, because that is a field I'm thinking about going into. They spoke about there job dudies and  responsibilities. I can see myself being a ranger and serving my community. I was glad that I was able to meet with these great people. I also hope they call me some time for a job opportunity. I would be very excited to get that call!!!!
  As the four day of our camping goes by. I'm thankful for all the opportunities that I have encountered and the times these people take out of there time to meet with us. Im very thankful for that and the time I have spent with my classmates Cia, Javier, Micheal, Jayla, Charlie, Briana, and not but not least the lovely Monet. And a huge thanks to my advisor Jessica Black, without her and the efforts of Cia an Javier, this trip wound have not been possible. Im glad to be a part of this amazing trip. Im learning a lot of great facts!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Another first time camper, just think when you get back you will be able to do all this stuff isnt that going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these great sights I'm learning from. I'm glad I came on the trip. I met with some forest rangers and I'm interested in a position :)

    ReplyDelete