Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Day one july 15, 2013

Sitting here in a lab room at heritage university. Today is July 15, 2013. I'm excited for today. never been camping before. I really hope to learn a lot of new things and find something of interest. kind of nervous for this trip. Dont know if I'm going to make it for two weeks.

We had two speakers today Paul Ward and Steve Rigdon. Paul works for the yakima nation fisheries. He spoke of the implications humans have had on the valley. It was great to have  these speakers come in to speak to us about their passions in there field. I hope that I one day get to come in years later to talk about my success in my career and my impact on my community.
So we arrived at Warm Springs late night. It is beautiful here. Alot of wilderness, trees, the ground is sloppy and red hot!! What a veiw!!!! It is very hot out here in the day not many shade to stand under to cool off. We are camping in a log house. Long houses are used for traditional feast and ceremonies by the tribal members.

No comments:

Post a Comment