Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day nine July 23, 2013

This day was relaxing and culturally educational. I had some great coffee thanks to Wenix employees. We did some paintings with rock sediments and other components. It was very fun. I had a great time smashing up the the rocks into smaller pieces. As Cia helped me fine them out by spurring with a spoon. I wanted to be creative with my painting but I did not know what to paint. So I just began collecting pine cones and taking some of their seedlings to put on my painting. Unfortunately di not get to finish my drawing because we had to sit in to hear a presentation.

Wenix and her mother set out a display of cultural foods. We got to learn about the foods and the plants presented with there significant uses in medicine. The food was set in an order depending on the season and importance. For example, water was the first on the list of foods because water is crucial for all life on earth, with out it we will all perish. We got to sample some of the foods on the table after Havier finished blessing the food with a prayer.

After our small feast we began packing up to go to Wellpinit, Spokane. We would be traveling 3 to 4 hours depending on our stops. We managed to Wellpinit a little late but we arrived!!! I'm tired but can not wait to see what awaits tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment